Chief Innovation & Strategy Officer and Senior Counsel
Lynne is the firm's Chief Innovation & Strategy Officer and Senior Counsel.
As a banker turned lawyer Lynne has extensive experience in both business and complex litigation which has fostered her passion for applying technology to the legal profession. Lynne brings a unique perspective to her legal practice – one that connects business principles and technical innovation with legal vision and strategy.
In her role as Chief Innovation & Strategy Officer and Senior Counsel, Lynne provides advice on personal information handling, information management and discovery and empowers her clients to strategically harness information to deliver the best outcomes for their external clients and internal stakeholders.
In her previous role as Senior Legal Counsel for a major Canadian financial institution, Lynne led a bank’s global eDiscovery activities. She designed and implemented the bank’s internal eDiscovery capabilities and its worldwide eDiscovery strategy and provided advice on privacy law compliance, information governance and production. Lynne was pivotal in the development of the banks’ records retention policies, email retention standards and its litigation hold protocols.
As the current President of the Ontario Bar Association, Lynne chairs the OBA’s Board of Director’s and is the association’s Chief Executive Officer. She is committed to advancing gender equality, innovation and engagement in the legal profession.
- Certificate of Achievement in Computer Studies, Centennial College, 1989
- B.A., Administrative & Commercial Studies, University of Western Ontario, 1992
- M.B.A., University of Alberta, 1996
- J.D., University of Alberta, 1997
- Graduate Studies in International Law, University of Alberta, 2000
- LL.M., e-Business, Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, 2006
- Certificate in Lean Six Sigma, University of Toronto, 2014
- Called to Alberta Bar, 1998
- Call to British Columbia Bar, 1999 (currently non-practicing)
- Called to Ontario Bar, 2001
- Admitted to New York Bar, 2016
- President, Chief Executive Officer, and Chair of the Board of Directors, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Finance Committee, Canadian Bar Association
- Past Secretary, Ontario e-Discovery Implementation Committee ("EIC")
- Vice-Chair, Uniform Law Conference of Canada (ULCC) Working Group
- Vice-Chair of Steering Committee, Sedona Canada