Crystal O'Donnell is the founder and CEO of Heuristica Discovery Counsel LLP.
Crystal has extensive experience as litigation and eDiscovery counsel having practiced with a leading litigation firm and the Crown Law Office - Civil of the Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario).
Crystal is currently the Chair of the Board of Directors of CanLII and Lexum, the Chair of a Uniform Law Conference of Canada (ULCC) Working Group, an elected Council member of the OBA, and a member of the EDRM Global Advisory Council.
She is a former member of the Leadership Council of the Sedona Conference, a former Steering Committee member of Sedona Canada and a contributing author of the Sedona Canada Principles 2015 edition. Crystal is also a former Vice-Chair of the Ontario E-Discovery Implementation Committee (EIC).
Crystal is recognized as a leading eDiscovery counsel in the Who's Who Legal, Canada and Global, and was the recipient of the Ontario Bar Association President's Award in 2020 for contributions to the advancement of justice.
- B.A., York University, 1993 (Economics)
- LL.B., Queen's University, 1997
- LL.M., University of Toronto, 2002 (Law and Economics)
- Called to Ontario Bar, 1999
- Called to Alberta Bar, 2018
- Chair, Canadian Legal Information Institute (CanLII)
- Chair, Lexum
- Council member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Chair, Uniform Law Conference of Canada (ULCC) Working Group
- Member, EDRM Global Advisory Council
- Former Leadership Counsel, Sedona Conference, contributing author of the Sedona Canada Principles
- Former Vice Chair, Ontario E-Discovery Implementation Committee (EIC)