The third annual Western Legal Innovation Forum, focused on BC and Alberta’s legal sectors, returns in a virtual format on the afternoons of November 25th and 26th. Heuristica is proud to be a presenting sponsor.
This year’s forum focuses on the latest developments in Western Canada at the intersection of business, innovation and law, and how the region’s legal sector is responding to the ongoing disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Forum is split into two Parts with the following sessions:
- Part I: Regional Substantive/Economic
- Navigating Canada’s changing energy landscape.
- Emerging trends in insolvency & bankruptcy.
- When the rules change, how do law firms change with them?
- Emerging labour and employment risks in the COVID-19 era.
- Part II: The Business of Law
- Doing business in the new normal. How has COVID-19 changed law firms?
- The People Puzzle: how the legal sector is managing talent in an era of change.
- Defining, developing and executing an impactful legal technology strategy.
- The evolving role of in-house counsel.
The LSBC has accredited the forum for 8 CPD credits.
For more information and registration details please visit the Forum’s web site.