Presented by the CBA Competition Law and Foreign Investment Review Section the theme of the two-day symposium is “Staying Ahead of the Curve: Advanced Topics in Mergers and Joint Ventures” and will focus on answering the following questions:
- What are the best practices in merger reviews?
- Where are the major pitfalls and risks for clients undertaking a complex merger?
- How could merger reviews be conducted more expeditiously in today’s economic environment?
Leading experts will discuss these topical issues on the law, policy and practice of mergers and joint ventures in the following sessions:
- The “But For” World: Competitive Effects and Plausible Remedies
- Keynote Presentation and Discussion with Commissioner Boswell and Senior Deputy Commissioner Pratt
- Transaction Negotiations, Information Exchanges and Gun-Jumping
- Risky Business: Merger, Joint Venture or Conspiracy?