FACL Ontario is a diverse coalition of Asian Canadian legal professionals working to promote equity, justice, and opportunity for Asian Canadian legal professionals and the wider community.
The conference theme this year is Realities in Law and Practice and will include a luncheon fireside chat with Justice Goodwin Liu (Associate Justice, California Supreme Court) and Justice Shaun Nakatsuru (Ontario Superior Court of Justice).
Sessions at this year’s conference include:
- Voices of Change: How to be an Ally to Racialized Women in Law
- Asian Canadians in the Supreme Court OR An Open Dialogue with HR Professionals in the Legal Career Field
- Fireside Chat with Justice Goodwin Liu and Justice Shaun Nakatsuru
- Breakout Panels
- Building Your Book of Business and Finding Mentors – Solo/Small Style
- Indigenous Peoples in Canadian Law – The Path Forward in Pursuit of Truth and Reconciliation
- Career Paths Beyond Bay Street
- Privacy Law
- Breaking the Invisible Barrier – Reaching Success as ESL / Foreign-trained Lawyers
- Lawyers at the Intersection of Access to Justice and Private Practice
- The Business of Law: Powering It Up on the Tech Side