Laine is Director, Client Services and Counsel at Heuristica Discovery Counsel LLP. She has worked as both a corporate and civil litigator. Previously, as a Project Manager with a global eDiscovery organization, Laine worked actively with client law firms to identify and resolve issues associated with document review in pending litigation.
When working with Lawyers Without Borders, Laine oversaw the compilation of a Strategic Litigation Guidebook to help lawyers better understand ‘success factors’ with respect to precedent-setting cases and to shape case strategies. She has also worked with the founders of the Business Model Canvas at the Swiss company, Strategyzer, to support executives at global companies in shaping innovation strategies.
Laine is currently a board member for the Canadian Centre to End Human Trafficking.
- B.A. (Honours) with High Distinction, Political Science, University of Windsor, 2012
- Juris Doctor, University of Windsor School of Law, 2015
- Called to the Ontario Bar, 2016
- Board member for the Canadian Centre to End Human Trafficking
- Completed Strategyzer Inc. Masterclass in Business Model and Value Proposition Design, 2019
- Completed Strategyzer Inc. Masterclass in Testing Business Models, 2020
- Ontario Bar Association’s Hands-On CaseLines trained, 2022