Catia is a lawyer with considerable eDiscovery knowledge and several years of experience in managing and supervising document review projects for both private sector and public sector clients. In the legal review arena, Catia possesses a rich portfolio covering a wide range of industries, including large-scale and complex commercial litigation and arbitration, class actions, investigations, and productions for regulatory requests, including productions for multi-jurisdictional parallel proceedings.
Catia is an experienced user of Relativity and Ringtail software. She is also well-versed in Portuguese and Spanish legal review.
Prior to joining Heuristica, Catia managed her own practice as a criminal defence lawyer. As a member of both the criminal law panel and administrative law panel of Legal Aid Ontario, Catia assisted numerous Legal Aid clients before the Ontario Court of Justice and Superior Court of Justice, as well as federal inmates before the Parole Board of Canada.
Catia is currently a member of The Sedona Conference Working Group Series, the Toronto Chapter of Women in eDiscovery, the International Legal Technology Association, and the Portuguese-Canadian Lawyers Association.
- Hons. B.A., York University, Psychology & Criminology, 2009
- J.D., University of Ottawa, 2012
- Called to the Ontario Bar, 2013
- The Sedona Conference, Working Group Series, Member
- Women in eDiscovery, Toronto Chapter, Member
- International Legal Technology Association, Member
- Portuguese-Canadian Lawyers Association, Member