Crystal O’Donnell is the founder and CEO of Heuristica Discovery Counsel Professional Corporation.
Crystal has a diverse and relevant professional history. She has extensive experience as litigation and e-discovery counsel having practiced with a leading litigation firm and the Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario). Crystal has represented clients in a number of complex matters at all levels of the Ontario courts as well as in regulatory proceedings and investigations.
Crystal’s range of expertise includes legal, strategic, and software aspects of e-discovery, which are critical components of all legal proceedings and evidence-based proceedings. She also has experience with cross-border and conflicts of laws issues which arise in multi-jurisdiction and multi-forum matters.
Crystal’s years of experience as litigation counsel give her a keen appreciation and understanding of clients’ needs and allows her to deliver defensible, proportionate and cost-effective legal advice and solutions.
Crystal is currently the Vice-Chair of the Board of Directors, CanLII, Steering Committee member of Working Group 7, of the Sedona Conference (Sedona Canada); Member and past Vice-Chair of the Ontario E-Discovery Implementation Committee, (“EIC”).
- B.A., York University, 1993
- LL.B., Queen’s University, 1997
- LL.M., University of Toronto, 2002
- Called to Ontario Bar, 1999
- Called to Alberta Bar, 2018
- Vice Chair, Canadian Legal Information Institute (CanLII), 2017-
- Vice Chair, Ontario E-Discovery Implementation Committee (“EIC”)
- Chair, EIC Precedents Subcommittee
- Steering Committee, Sedona Conference, Canada Working
- Relativity Certified User