Brian is Heuristica’s chief operating officer and senior counsel. He joined Heuristica in 2016 from a major downtown Toronto firm where he practised tax law for thirty years. Having represented many small and large corporate clients, he has considerable experience in complex and technical legal disputes. He has appeared before various federal/provincial courts and tribunals on tax matters and has a strong interest in effective dispute resolution preparation.
Brian has written extensively on legal issues and is the co-author of two chapters in Halsbury’s Laws of Canada, published by LexisNexis. He takes an active interest in legal technology matters and was an early adopter of the use of technology in the practice of law.
- B.A., University of Toronto
- M.B.A., Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
- MSc. (Econ), London School of Economics
- LL.B., McGill University
- Called to the Ontario Bar, 1985
- Called to the Alberta Bar, 2018
Professional and Community Involvement
- Treasurer, Moot Court Canada Fund
- Member, McGill Law Journal Advisory Board
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Art with Heart, Casey House
- Past Chair, Moore Park Ratepayers’ Association
- Past Member, Faculty Advisory Board, McGill University Faculty of Law