Now in its 8th year, this highly anticipated full day program provides attendees with the practical information and insights they need to effectively manage electronically stored information in all types of cases. Attendees:
- Heard from the experts about how to efficiently manage all phases of the e-Discovery process, managing electronic data from discovery through to trial.
- Attended demonstrations of the latest e-Discovery technology.
- Learned how to help their clients protect against and respond to cyber hacks.
- Were brought up to date on the latest privacy developments in Canada, including how the EU’s GDRP will impact their clients in Canada.
- Learned how to manage ethical concerns about using technology in discovery and in hearings.
In Crystal’s capacity as Chair of a Uniform Law Conference of Canada (ULCC) Working Group she provided an update on the project which proposes harmonized Rules of Civil Procedure for electronic documents in civil proceedings in all Canadian jurisdictions. She also reviewed the key features of the proposed Rule, and outlined the next phases to implement the proposed harmonized Rule across Canada.
For more information about the Institute please visit The Advocates’ Society website.